Creative Business Development
Consultant on Plant-Based Projects for Business Owners
I am an independent Consultant. I work remotely with a monthly retainer agreement to coach team, develop or manage assigned projects. I also conduct preliminary studies during early development stages by looking at the desirability, technical feasibility and economic viability to provide a clear project vision of what's possible, for who, how, why, where and when.
I am specialised in Management by Projects
Project-Oriented Strategy & Lean Management
Coaching Program for Independent Workers
I developed a 12-week One-On-One Online Coaching Program
Find Your Niche • Dream with a Plan • Design the life you want
It is an individualised online program based on weekly one-on-one conversations, educational content and personal work. This program has been designed for Introverts by an Introvert. No group call, no team work and no group coaching.
I coach independent workers to find their niche, dream with a plan and change their game for the lifestyle they aspire to. I help to find your niche and focus on what's essential. I provide some self management methods, tools, resources and essential business understanding so you can develop a project that you enjoy working on, that happens to be personally sustainable as well as economically viable.
12-week One on One Coaching Program
Includes: initial conversation to define an individualised coaching plan, 2 hours of weekly One on One Video calls (lectures + briefing), email correspondence and education material (lectures, assignments...).
Requires: a minimum of 4 hours of personal work every week.
Overall duration: 12 weeks in 3 Months x4 Weeks
Languages: English or French
Read my Articles
I write Practical How-to Articles on Self-development, Project Management and Lifestyle Design for Independents, Plant-Based Eating and Active Living.
Mind Mapping to Communicate Ideas
Map ideas to organize thoughts and communicate a vision
• What is Mind Mapping?
• Mind Mapping to Communicate
• Keep it Simple
• How to draw a Mind Map?
• Mind Mapping Process
• What do I like about Mind Mapping?
Read the article "Mind Mapping to Communicate Ideas"
Draft a personal Manifesto in 3 Steps
Don't neglect your dreams, write your adventure book
A manifesto is a letter to yourself, a reminder and a call to live under your terms.
Start by figuring out who you are. Then question who you think you are. Finally draft your own adventure book, who you want to become.
Read the full article on "Draft a personal manifesto in 3 Steps".
Draft a Project Manifesto
Share Your Magic, Tell Your Story and Send Your Message
• Tell your Story
- People don't know you, so introduce yourself.
• Send a Message to your Audience
- How can you help? What is the problem that are you looking to solve?
• Explain the Why? and How?
Read the article on "Draft a Project Manifesto".
Develop a Project Operating System
Dream with a Plan. Deal with Constraints. Set Simple Rules.
• Define a set of simple rules to operate your project
• Use Constraints to drive your Creativity
• The Art of Seizing fleeting Opportunities
• Enable your Project
Read the article on "Develop a Project Operating System".
Pricing Tactics for Independent Workers
Focus on Outcomes. Not Hours. Care about your Work.
• What is an Independent Worker?
• Alternatives to Hourly Billing
- Daily or Weekly billing
- Retainer or Monthly Fixed Fee
- Project based billing
- Respect your work, price it accordingly!
A series of How-To articles published on MEDIUM
How-to manage your time with KANBAN?
A visual way to manage your tasks and get things done
Your time is precious. Take good care of him. Forget the busyness. Forget multitasking. Instead do one thing at a time. Focus on getting essential things done in time.
• Visualize your week and your tasks (BACKLOG)
• Organize your tasks in columns to visualize your progression
• Minimize your work in progress (WIP)
• Limit switching between different types of tasks
Plant Strong Lifestyle
6-Day "Eating Twice a Day" Experiment
Early Time Restricted Eating put to the test.
Mindful Eating Plan
Simplify the WHAT (to eat)
• Be Mindful of the WHEN to eat
• Don’t worry so much on the HOW-MUCH
• Care about your recovery
• It is not a diet that matters… it is your lifestyle
+ a Myth Buster on Superfoods
Christophe Berg @kristofberg
Consultant on Plant-Based Projects • Coach for Independent Workers
From Games to Project Management
Developing, fixing & training
I started with hacking games and learning english to develop games. I quickly ended-up working in my twenties as a software developer and a database architect. Thanks to the internet wave on Europe, I became a web project manager, specialized in game design.
For the past 25 years, I worked as a consultant and independent project manager, applying agile methods for web development, game design and digital production. I have a Master of Science degree, in Mathematics and Computer Science, with a specialization in Project Management. I taught project management, agile methods and creative design as a guest lecturer for 10 years in France (Master of Video Games), the Netherlands (Utrecht School of Arts) and Singapore (Ngee Ann Polytechnics).
From Curiosity to Consulting
As an avid-trail-runner, I started by experimenting and exploring plant-based eating for active people. While running a cooking studio in Haarlem, I wrote 12 books on plant-based cuisine and explored the emerging vegan scene in The Netherlands, France, California, Croatia and España...
I worked as the Executive Chef & Project Manager to launch Yi Athens Raw Vegan Café in Greece, MK Culinary Academy in Thailand and TOM's Juice Bar in St Barth and as a consultant for Apollo Group to develop the plant-based cuisine on board the Oceania and Regent cruise lines.
From Blue Lotus to Project Coaching
I imagined, developed and launched Blue Lotus Hua Hin, the first Learning Center for Plant-Based Cuisine in Thailand.
Which means for three years: Hiring, Coaching the Instructor Team • Business Development • Quality Control • Teaching, Coaching students • Project Management + Problem Solving • Storytelling, Online Content Creation • Curriculum Development: Pure Energy, Green Thai Cuisine, Chef's Training, Instructor Training + Business Coaching • Plant-Based Menu Development for the restaurants of the resort + Training the cooking team
What now? I am an independent knowledge worker specialized in creative plant-based projects. I do online One-on-One Coaching and work remotely as a consultant from Tazacorte in La Palma, Spain.
Listen to the Blue Lotus Café Podcast
Plant-Based Learning Center. Educational Content in 20 minutes lectures. 80 episodes.
The Blue Lotus Café
A podcast co-hosted by Christophe Berg & Ivor Madžar
We started this podcast as I was the director of education and founder of Blue Lotus Hua Hin. Ivor was instructor in plant-based cuisine, nutrition and our social media manager.
Both passionate about learning & teaching, as we were starting a Plant-Based Cooking Instructor Program, we decided to share what can be useful for our listeners and our students. We selected the topics based on what was the most meaningful, intriguing and fun for us. We kept our conversations, lectures in 20 minutes episodes.
Our idea was:
• Exploring our interests
• Sharing crazy ideas, practical things to experiment & learn
• Keeping up with the Plant-based world evolution!
• Talking about self-development & lifestyle design
Below your can see the 80 topics that we covered by categories.
Read about Our Podcasting Experience
Backstage Tour about our Podcasting Flow
• The Original Idea
• What is the Blue Lotus Café podcast about?
• Our Audience
• Our Manifesto
• Our Podcasting Workflow: Pre-Production, Recording, Post-Production
• What I like about Podcasting?
• What I enjoy about the Experience?
• Some of the most popular episodes of the podcast
Read the article "Our Experience of Podcasting" on MEDIUM
The Future is plant-based!
• Future of Vegan Junk Food
• Future of Dining
• Future of Catering
• Food Costing as a Chef
• Opening a Cooking Studio
• Trends 2020
• Cooking Workshop Development
• Recipe Development
• Becoming a Chef
• Evaluating Food Costs
• Vegan Gold Rush
• Opportunities beyond a plant-based café
Project Management Tools & Methods made easy
• Exit Rule
• Profit & Loss
• Essentialism, Explore, Execute & Eliminate
• Financial Independence
• Time Management techniques
• Attention Management
• Deal with Change
• Mind Mapping
• What is Enough?
• Bootstrapping your Project
• Resilience with John Fisher
• Positive Cash Flow Model
How-to become an Independent Knowledge Worker?
Freely inspired by "How to get Rich?" Naval Ravikant
Insights for Independent Knowledge Worker
Follow-up to "How-to Become an Independent Worker?"
• Earn with your Mind, not with your Time
• You are never going to get rich by renting your time
• Get Paid for your Judgment
• Set a High personal Hourly Rate
• Business Networking is a waste of time
• Learn to MAKE, to SELL
• Play iterated long-term game
• Cooperate with honest people
Learning, Personal Branding & Lifestyle Design
• Develop your Audience
• First Principles
• Fixed vs Growth Mindset
• Personal Branding
• Show Your Work, the book
• Steal like An Artists, the book
• Four Agreements, the book
• Coaching, Mentoring
• Teaching, Training
• Cultivating Mindsets
• Set your Price as a Freelancer
• Teaching & Training
• Learning How-to Learn
• Becoming a Teacher
• Creating Content
• 6 Communication Tactics
• Creativity by Constraints
• Sabbatical Project
• Write Your Manifesto
• Dopamine Fast
+ Active Living
• Plant-Based Speciality Cuisine
• SOUL Plant Food
• Pure & Simple WFPB lifestyle
• Time Restricted Eating
• Water Fasting
• 5-DAYTOX Challenge
• Fit after 40
• Blue Zones, the Book
• Zen Cuisine
• Green Thai Cuisine
• Water Fasting
• Active Resort
• Acute vs Chronic Stress
• Sleeping Habits
Synchronize your Lifestyle with your Internal Clocks
Trust your Gut!
• What's the Microbiome?
• What can you eat for a healthier microbiome?
• What's the difference between probiotics and prebiotics?
• What can you do for a healthier gut flora?
• What can reveal a microbiome analysis?
• How the microbiome can support your Immune System?
Livres de Cuisine
Une Cuisine 100% végétale, colorée et sans gluten, idéale pour un style de vie actif.
Livres de Cuisine Végétale
Aux éditions La Plage, Paris
Une aventure éditoriale et culinaire, qui a commencé avec Secrets d'endurance, il y a près de 10 ans, puis Protéines Vertes, enfin Le Grand Livre de la Cuisine Crue (qui s'est mué en "CRU, L'encyclopédie de la Cuisine Crue"). Mes livres de cuisine sont publiés aux éditions La Plage (Paris).
Pour consulter l'album photos du "Grand Livre de la Cuisine Crue", réalisé avec Alexis Berg. Pour consulter les autres albums photos de mes livres de cuisine. Pour suivre l'actualité des parutions, vous pouvez consulter le site des éditions La Plage.
CRU, l'encyclopédie de la Cuisine Crue
Christophe et Alexis Berg
Ce livre est une nouvelle édition, remise à jour, complétée et enrichie du "Grand Livre de la Cuisine Crue",sorti en Avril 2014.
- Les Essentiels: équipement, ingrédients, techniques et recettes de bases pour la cuisine crue ainsi que des conseils pour la découvrir en douceur.
- Pure & Simple: une cuisine crue, colorée et simple à préparer pour vous accompagner dans la vie de tous les jours.
- Plus de 250 recettes ainsi que suggestions d'assiettes composées
La page de présentation du livre sur le site des éditions La Plage.
Les photos sont prises à La Palma (îles Canaries, Espagne) par le photographe Alexis Berg.
Discover La Palma
Explore La Palma Trails - Work from La Palma