I write Tactical How-to articles on Self-development, Project Management and Lifestyle Design for Independents.
Draft a personal Manifesto in 3 Steps
Don't neglect your dreams, write your adventure book
A manifesto is a letter to yourself, a reminder and a call to live under your terms.
Start by figuring out who you are. Then question who you think you are. Finally draft your own adventure book, who you want to become.
Read the full article on "Draft a personal manifesto in 3 Steps".
Mind Mapping to Communicate Ideas
Map ideas to organize thoughts and communicate a vision
• What is Mind Mapping?
• Mind Mapping to Communicate
• Keep it Simple
• How to draw a Mind Map?
• Mind Mapping Process
• What do I like about Mind Mapping?
Read the article "Mind Mapping to Communicate Ideas"
A series of How-To articles published on MEDIUM
How-to manage your time with KANBAN?
A visual way to manage your tasks and get things done
Your time is precious. Take good care of him. Forget the busyness. Forget multitasking. Instead do one thing at a time. Focus on getting essential things done in time.
• Visualize your week and your tasks (BACKLOG)
• Organize your tasks in columns to visualize your progression
• Minimize your work in progress (WIP)
• Limit switching between different types of tasks
Draft a Project Manifesto
Share Your Magic, Tell Your Story and Send Your Message
• Tell your Story
- People don't know you, so introduce yourself.
• Send a Message to your Audience
- How can you help? What is the problem that are you looking to solve?
• Explain the Why? and How?
Read the article on "Draft a Project Manifesto".
Develop a Project Operating System
Dream with a Plan. Deal with Constraints. Set Simple Rules.
• Define a set of simple rules to operate your project
• Use Constraints to drive your Creativity
• The Art of Seizing fleeting Opportunities
• Enable your Project
Read the article on "Develop a Project Operating System".
Pricing Tactics for Independent Workers
Focus on Outcomes. Not Hours. Care about your Work.
• What is an Independent Worker?
• Alternatives to Hourly Billing
- Daily or Weekly billing
- Retainer or Monthly Fixed Fee
- Project based billing
- Respect your work, price it accordingly!
Coaching Program for Independents & Entrepreneurs.
I help Dreamers to change their Game.
12-week One-On-One Project Coaching Program
It is an individualised online program based on weekly one-on-one conversations, educational content and personal work. This program is designed by an introvert (no group call and no team work).
Find your Niche • Dream with a Plan • Change your Game
I help to focus on what's essential. I provide some self management methods, tools, resources and essential business understanding so that you can develop a sustainable project.
12-week One on One Coaching Program
Project Coaching (not Life Coaching)
Includes: initial conversation to define an individualised coaching plan, 2 hours of weekly One on One Video calls (lectures + briefing), email correspondence and education material (lectures, assignments...).
Requires: a minimum of 4 hours of personal work every week.
Overall duration: 12 weeks in 3 Months x4 Weeks
Languages: English or French
Creative Business Development
Project Consultant for Business Owners
I am an independent Project Developer working remotely with a monthly retainer agreement to coach team, develop or manage assigned projects. I also conduct preliminary studies during early development stages by looking at the desirability, technical feasibility and economic viability to provide a clear project vision of what's possible, for who, how, why, where and when.
I am specialised in Management by Projects
Project-Oriented Strategy & Lean Management
Livres de Cuisine
Une Cuisine 100% végétale, colorée et idéale pour un style de vie actif.
Christophe Berg, aux Editions La Plage
Barres, Boissons et Autres Recettes pour les Sportifs.
Les Héros du Quotidien méritent de s'alimenter et s'hydrater comme des Athlètes.
Randonnées, course à pied, VTT, trails, triathlons, marathons… Les amateurs de sports d’endurance trouveront dans cet ouvrage 100 recettes 100 % végétales à faire soi-même pour avant, pendant ou après le sport.
CRU, l'encyclopédie de la Cuisine Crue
Christophe et Alexis Berg
Ce livre est une nouvelle édition, remise à jour, complétée et enrichie du "Grand Livre de la Cuisine Crue",sorti en Avril 2014.
- Les Essentiels: équipement, ingrédients, techniques et recettes de bases pour la cuisine crue ainsi que des conseils pour la découvrir en douceur.
- Pure & Simple: une cuisine crue, colorée et simple à préparer pour vous accompagner dans la vie de tous les jours.
- Plus de 250 recettes ainsi que suggestions d'assiettes composées
La page de présentation du livre sur le site des éditions La Plage.
Les photos sont prises à La Palma (îles Canaries, Espagne) par le photographe Alexis Berg.
Livres de Cuisine Végétale
Aux éditions La Plage, Paris
Une aventure éditoriale et culinaire, qui a commencé avec Secrets d'endurance, il y a près de 10 ans, puis Protéines Vertes, enfin Le Grand Livre de la Cuisine Crue. Mes livres de cuisine sont publiés aux éditions La Plage (Paris). Pour suivre l'actualité des parutions, vous pouvez consulter le site des éditions La Plage.
Christophe Berg @kristofberg
Project Consultant, Educator & Coach • I help Dreamers to change their Game.
From Blue Lotus to Project Coaching
Direction of Education, Project Consultant
I imagined, developed and launched Blue Lotus Hua Hin, the first Learning Center for Plant-Based Cuisine in Thailand.
Which means for three years: Hiring + Coaching the Instructor Team • Business Development • Quality Control • Teaching, Coaching students • Project Management + Problem Solving • Storytelling + Online Content Creation • Curriculum Development: Pure Energy, Green Thai Cuisine, Chef's Training, Instructor Training + Business Coaching • Plant-Based Menu Development for the restaurants of the resort + Training the cooking team
What now? I am a Project Consultant and Coach. I work remotely from the island of La Palma, Spain.
I help Dreamers to change their Game.
My Plant-Based Journey...
Plant-Based Chef, Instructor and Project Manager
As an avid-trail-runner, I started 15 years ago to experiment and explore plant-based eating for active people. While running a cooking studio in Haarlem (NL), I wrote more than 10 books on plant-based cuisine and explored the emerging vegan scene in The Netherlands, France, California, Croatia and España...
I worked as the Executive Chef & Project Manager to launch Yi Athens Raw Vegan Café in Greece, MK Culinary Academy in Thailand and TOM's Juice Bar in St Barth and as a consultant for Apollo Group to develop the plant-based cuisine on board the Oceania and Regent cruise lines.
From Games to Project Management
Developing, Fixing & Training
I started with hacking games and learning english to develop games. I quickly ended-up working in my twenties as a software developer and a database architect. Thanks to the internet wave on Europe, I became a web project manager, specialized in game design.
For the past 25 years, I worked as a consultant and project manager, applying agile methods for web development, game design and digital production. I have a Master of Science degree, in Mathematics and Computer Science, with a specialization in Project Management. I taught project management, agile methods and creative design as a guest lecturer for 10 years in France (Master of Video Games), the Netherlands (Utrecht School of Arts) and Singapore (Ngee Ann Polytechnics).
Discover La Palma
Explore La Palma Trails • Remote Working from La Palma
Plant-Based Eating and Active Living
A series of articles on Plant-Based Cuisine Speciality, Pure Energy, Time Restricted Eating...
Mindful Eating Plan
Simplify the WHAT (to eat)
• Be Mindful of the WHEN to eat
• Don’t worry so much on the HOW-MUCH
• Care about your recovery
• It is not a diet that matters… it is your lifestyle
+ a Myth Buster on Superfoods
Pure & Simple Plant Food, a manifesto
· Whole plant-based Food
· You are what you DO daily. It’s not just a diet, it’s a lifestyle…
· Pure Energy, a Whole Food Plant-Based Diet for Active People
· Moving Daily over Exercising
· Physical Activity and Recovery Cycle
· Micro-Nutrition and Nutrient Density
· What matters is not only “what” you eat but “when”·
Read the article "Pure & Simple Plant Food, a manifesto"
6-Day "Eating Twice a Day" Experiment
Early Time Restricted Eating put to the test.
• What is Time Restricted Eating?
• What is early TRE?
• How-to plan your 6-day Experiment?
• Frequent Questions on early TRE
Read the article 6-Day Eating twice a Day Experiment. Also the inconvenient truth about Time Restricted Eating (is it ok to skip your breakfast?) And What did I learn from 2 years of practicing Time Restricted Eating?
The Inconvenient truth about TRE
Is it OK to skip eating breakfast?
Time Restricted Eating?
What did I learn from 3 years practicing TRE?
· What does TRE mean?
· Who I am? and what I am doing?
· Why Fasting? And Why Time Restricted Eating?
· How I restrict my eating window ?
· What I appreciate with Time Restricted Eating
or Intermittent Fasting 16:8
Read the full article What did I learn from practicing TRE?
Why do I run almost every morning?
The Power of a Daily Practice
· The Simplicity of Running
· A Daily Dose of Humility
· A Morning Dose of Positive Energy
· Keep a Creative Mindset, Keep on Learning
· Build-up, slowly but surely
· Run your Personal Best
· Diversity is more fun
· Running Daily? Meaning every single day?
· Born to Move. How did I start running?
Read the article Why do I run almost every morning?
Plant-Based Cuisine, a new Speciality
Looking at the evolution of plant-based speciality cuisine
· Times are Changing
· The food industry got the message pretty quickly…
· There is still room for a creative answer
· Why talking about Plant-Based Cuisine and not vegan food?
· Plant-Based, a new speciality cuisine!
· Fast Casual is the new chic
A Tribute to SOUL Plant-Based Cuisine
Seasonal · Organic · Unique · Local PB Food
Hey Chefs, Plant-Based Cuisine is the creative opportunity of a lifetime!
· Plant-Based Food products are on the rise
· Prepare food in-house and from scratch
· Cultivate your Style
· Set your own Rules
· Start with a Market Challenge
Read the full article on A Tribute to SOUL Plant-Based Cuisine
Forget to "DETOX"
Try a 5-DAYTOX Challenge
· What does the 5-DAYTOX Challenge mean?
· WHEN? Plan your Experiment
· WHAT NOT to eat?
· Why experimenting?
· How to do the 5-DAYTOX Challenge?
· What to Eat: a transition to a plant-based diet
· How-to , Day by Day Experiment
· What I appreciate with the 5-DAYTOX CHALLENGE:
Read the article Forget Detox, try a 5-DayTox Challenge
Listen to the Blue Lotus Café Podcast
Plant-Based Learning Center. Educational Content in 20 minutes lectures. 80 episodes.
The Blue Lotus Café
A podcast co-hosted by Christophe Berg & Ivor Madžar
We started this podcast as I was the director of education and founder of Blue Lotus Hua Hin. Ivor was instructor in plant-based cuisine, nutrition and our social media manager.
Both passionate about learning & teaching, as we were starting a Plant-Based Cooking Instructor Program, we decided to share what can be useful for our listeners and our students. We selected the topics based on what was the most meaningful, intriguing and fun for us. We kept our conversations, lectures in 20 minutes episodes.
Our idea was:
• Exploring our interests
• Sharing crazy ideas, practical things to experiment & learn
• Keeping up with the Plant-based world evolution!
• Talking about self-development & lifestyle design
Below your can see the 80 topics that we covered by categories.
Read about Our Podcasting Experience
Backstage Tour about our Podcasting Flow
• The Original Idea
• What is the Blue Lotus Café podcast about?
• Our Audience
• Our Manifesto
• Our Podcasting Workflow: Pre-Production, Recording, Post-Production
• What I like about Podcasting?
• What I enjoy about the Experience?
• Some of the most popular episodes of the podcast
Read the article "Our Experience of Podcasting" on MEDIUM
The Future is plant-based!
• Future of Vegan Junk Food
• Future of Dining
• Future of Catering
• Food Costing as a Chef
• Opening a Cooking Studio
• Trends 2020
• Cooking Workshop Development
• Recipe Development
• Becoming a Chef
• Evaluating Food Costs
• Vegan Gold Rush
• Opportunities beyond a plant-based café
Project Management Tools & Methods made easy
• Exit Rule
• Profit & Loss
• Essentialism, Explore, Execute & Eliminate
• Financial Independence
• Time Management techniques
• Attention Management
• Deal with Change
• Mind Mapping
• What is Enough?
• Bootstrapping your Project
• Resilience with John Fisher
• Positive Cash Flow Model
How-to become an Independent Knowledge Worker?
Freely inspired by "How to get Rich?" Naval Ravikant
Insights for Independent Knowledge Worker
Follow-up to "How-to Become an Independent Worker?"
• Earn with your Mind, not with your Time
• You are never going to get rich by renting your time
• Get Paid for your Judgment
• Set a High personal Hourly Rate
• Business Networking is a waste of time
• Learn to MAKE, to SELL
• Play iterated long-term game
• Cooperate with honest people
Learning, Personal Branding & Lifestyle Design
• Develop your Audience
• First Principles
• Fixed vs Growth Mindset
• Personal Branding
• Show Your Work, the book
• Steal like An Artists, the book
• Four Agreements, the book
• Coaching, Mentoring
• Teaching, Training
• Cultivating Mindsets
• Set your Price as a Freelancer
• Teaching & Training
• Learning How-to Learn
• Becoming a Teacher
• Creating Content
• 6 Communication Tactics
• Creativity by Constraints
• Sabbatical Project
• Write Your Manifesto
• Dopamine Fast
+ Active Living
• Plant-Based Speciality Cuisine
• SOUL Plant Food
• Pure & Simple WFPB lifestyle
• Time Restricted Eating
• Water Fasting
• 5-DAYTOX Challenge
• Fit after 40
• Blue Zones, the Book
• Zen Cuisine
• Green Thai Cuisine
• Water Fasting
• Active Resort
• Acute vs Chronic Stress
• Sleeping Habits
Synchronize your Lifestyle with your Internal Clocks
Trust your Gut!
• What's the Microbiome?
• What can you eat for a healthier microbiome?
• What's the difference between probiotics and prebiotics?
• What can you do for a healthier gut flora?
• What can reveal a microbiome analysis?
• How the microbiome can support your Immune System?